Thank you to Yurichan for nominating me for this award. If you’re ever in the mood for some anime/manga-themed artwork, her blog is chock-full of them, and has quite the talent for it, too. I likely would’ve put up this post earlier today, but by the time she nominated me, I was working on something and was super tired while doing it. A man’s got to know his limitations.
– Display Award
– Thank the person who gave you this award (and include a link to her/his blog).
– Share 7 things about yourself
– Nominate 10 bloggers
I’ve always wondered, why seven? It seems like an odd number of things to share about yourself. In any case…
- I’m in the process of losing weight. I’ve dropped from roughly 245 lbs. to 219 lbs in the last couple of months.
- I started this blog out of peer pressure. Not that those who influenced me were begging me to make one, but I felt inclined to start one due to their neat, clean, pretty blog spaces.
- My favorite Youtubers span from SomeCallMeJohnny to Vinesauce to Dunkey.
- My profile icon, the thick-framed glasses-wearing bunny with a bushy beard, is not that far off from my actual appearance. Except maybe the hat.
- My favorite colors are red and black. I’m neither an anarchist or OC.
- I don’t usually plan my blog posts beforehand. Usually I default to anime/manga or video games I finish playing, but if I’m not close to finishing anything by the time about two days have passed, I usually think up something random to write about.
- I am one of five children, the oldest at twenty-three.
Now comes the time to nominate ten bloggers. But instead of nominating ten bloggers, I’m only going to nominate three, as I don’t think I even follow ten bloggers and I only feel like nominating these three for now.
- Karandi – I really can’t fathom how she does, but Karandi writes up to three blog posts about anime a day. It’s uncomfortable for me just writing once every day. It’s apparent the care she puts into her posts and the enthusiasm she exudes when she’s being serious. I applaud her just for writing so much in general, but she’s a decent critic and worth checking out for anyone interested in anime.
- Krystallina – I became a fan of Krystal’s writing during Arria Cross’s first Blog Carnival back some months ago when I read her entry for it. It’s rare when I come across a blog that after one post, I become curious to know more about their opinion and explore the blog further. Her main focus is manga, but she will also review the occasional video game/anime. As of now, she’s running through One Piece both in anime and manga form, so if you’re into that, give her a look. Even if you’re not and want some info on (typically Shoujo) manga, her blog is a gem.
- Cauthan – I’ll be honest, when I discovered this guy’s blog, it was like looking into the reflection of a calm and clear pool. The way he writes, the uniformity with his posts, his no-nonsense titles—almost like he was my disciple in aniblogging, or vice-versa. He’s also, dare I say, frank with his ratings. He’s not the bubblegum candy queen throwing out 9’s and 10’s to everything he sees. His standards are of an unquestionably fair level, and the effort he puts into making his opinion as clear as possible is one to be admired. Just look at some of our conversations on his Recommendations Lists. How can you not love him for that? He reviews primarily anime, so his blog is one to go to with a critic’s mindset. It’s a very easy recommendation for me to make.
Again, thank you to Yurichan for the nomination and I hope I managed to make this post clean enough to be readable. Have a good day, everyone!