I never really associated myself with sunshine, but someone sees me as a suitable ray of vitamin D replenishment. I have never been so honored. Thank you very much to Irina for the tag in her recent Sunshine Blogger post. Without her, I would probably remain as the moon or something. I’m not really sure how to open this post.
I don’t really get these tag posts often, so my general approach is to just explain the situation and then get to the situation. I have sufficiently explained the situation, I believe, so let’s move on.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them — Irina is cool and you should click the above links.
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator — Will get to later.
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer — I nominate anyone who reads this post. Just do it, dudes.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts — I don’t have that kind of energy.
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site — This seems a little too hard…
1. You see a job offer for a job you didn’t even know existed but is your dream career. What is it and how do you prepare for the interview?
I actually already have a dream career, and while it isn’t enough to sustain me on its own, I’m already working it. I am a professional (still feels fake) video game reviewer/writer for a site that pays me for it. That’s amazing.
But for the sake of playing along, I’ll go for second-best: Game Idea Consultant for Nintendo.
The job consists of throwing out interesting ideas for others to work on, without having to go through the process of developing it myself. It is an incredibly lazy and easy job, which is why it’s a dream job; I don’t like to work, but I love being creative.
To prepare for this, I would scribble down all of the most absurdist, but sensible ideas I can think of and try and work a way to make them seem promotable. Splatoon Paint—a modern age Mario Paint that incorporates the use of carefree, artistic fun with the flavor and style of the Splatoon series. Luigi’s Mansion Sim—instead of exploring them to rid the ghostly nature, Luigi sells the mansions in a big real estate market to the ghosts that he once vacuumed up. Mario Football—because it’s ABOUT TIME.
2. On your way to the interview, the most beautiful person you’ve ever laid eyes on trips and spills the contents of their bag all over the place. They are looking around obviously hoping someone would help but you don’t have a minute to spare. What do you do?
I help them, of course. Except I’m rushing, so I basically pick up everything in exasperated breaths and drop things while trying to fit everything in my palms in one fell swoop. Awkwardly handing all of it to them without any consideration for structure, I just let out a “Sorry!” before turning away and not looking back.
3. That evening, while you are casually walking home, you meet that person again and something compels you to go talk to them. What do you say?
The go-to would be “I’m really sorry about earlier. I was in a rush for a dream job and didn’t want to leave a bad impression by being late. I hope you were able to handle everything afterwards.”
A funnier saying would be “Hey, enjoy your trip?”
I’d probably go with the first.
4. You suddenly realize you should introduce yourself and ask their name at the same time – what is it?
What is their name? Uhhh… Funky Kong.
5. Your new very attractive acquaintance is chatting away happily and you can’t believe your ears. What are they saying?
They’re talking about their experience working on the Donkey Kong Country TV show and recounting tales about backstage drama between Bluster Kong and King K. Rool. I figured Bluster would feud with anyone, but apparently he had an affair with K. Rool’s wife? Oh, my goodness…
6a. Turns out they like anime. No way? What are the odds of that.
To be fair, I could totally see Funky Kong liking anime.
6b. Here’s your chance to appear all cool thanks to your deep anime knowledge. You lean in and confidently recommend this series:
Because the thought of Funky Kong watching (and digging) Akikan! is infinitely funny to me.
8. After a few minutes, almost 60 of them, your companion excuses themselves. It’s getting late and they did have some things to take care of. You reach around for an excuse to see them again. It worked as they are agree. Please tell us how you managed that!
I told him I would show him some of my haikus (Note: I have no haikus) and we could eat some bananas. They’re a pretty chill chimp. They’re down to hang.
9. It’s finally the day to meet them again, you have to make the perfect impression. How do you do that?
I cosplay as Donkey Kong. You can interpret that as either wearing a full ape suit or only wearing a tie.
10. Turns out you miraculously got that job. You’re not entirely sure how that’s even possible but you’re not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. How do you celebrate?
To be frank, I just do the same thing I generally do in a day, only happier. Depending on the pay grade, I may buy something(s) or give away some to people, but I’m not the sort of “celebrate with champagne” kind of person. I’m just like, “Heh, nice,” and that’s it.
11. Now that you have your dream fantasy job and a great relationship with the most attractive and surprising person ever, what’s your next move?
Wake up from the dream. Eyyy!
My apologies to Irina if you wished for me to play this straight, but this seemed like a fun opportunity to shape it to my (somewhat odd) humor.
Questions From Me
1. If you were given the opportunity to know one fact about your future, what would you wish to know?
2. Would you rather be deaf or blind?
3. How many episodes will One Piece finally end with?
4. What is one TV/anime series you would like to see revived/rebooted for modern times?
5. Do you believe in “ironic viewing”?
6. What is a question you’d like to answer?
7. Your biggest timesink (any form of media) since the dawn of COVID?
8. Which elemental power would you like to control?
9. If you won the lottery, what is your first purchase?
10. Cats, Dogs, or Ferrets?
11. Have you found your fictional doppelganger?
With that, my time with this post is done. Thank you again to Irina for tagging me, and if anyone wishes to take it upon themselves to do my version, go right ahead!
Thank you for your time. Have a great day.